Monday 21 December 2015

Miss World 2015: Spain wins and England doesn't make the Top 20

Miss World 2015: Spain wins and England doesn't make the Top 20


Mireia Lalaguna Royo, a 23-year-old professional model from Barcelona, wins the beauty pageant in Sanya, China. Miss England failed to make the top 20

Miss Spain won the famous beauty pagent, and England didn't even get a look in.
Scotland and Northern Ireland made the Top Ten, while England didn't even make the Top 20.
Mireia Lalaguna Rozo of Spain waves after winning the new title at the Miss World Grand Final in Sanya, in southern China's Hainan Mireia Lalaguna Rozo of Spain waves after winning the new title at the Miss World Grand Final in Sanya, in southern China's Hainan   Photo: AFP/Getty Images
There was also controversy - Miss Canada was banned by China for speaking up about human rights abuses, and this was neatly left out of the show.
Instead, the beauty queen was quietly removed from the Miss World website and not mentioned in the show.
It was an exciting show, catch up with what happened below.

WINNER ANNOUNCED

  • 3rd place - Indonesia
  • 2nd place - Russia
  • 1st place - Spain
Mireia Lalaguna, 23-year-old Spanish Model won after winning Top Model and giving an impressive speech in which she said "Just because I am beautiful on the outside does not mean I am not beautiful on the inside, too."
The moment she won
She's from Barcelona and is very active on Instagram.
Miss Spain has a degree in Pharmacology and wants to do a MA in Nutrition.

Top 5 revealed...

Sofia Nikitchuk, Miss World Russia reacts after entering the semi final at the Miss World Grand Final in SanyaSofia Nikitchuk, Miss World Russia reacts after entering the semi final at the Miss World Grand Final in Sanya  Photo: AFP/Getty Images
1. Spain
Miss Spain said:
"Just because I am beautiful on the outside does not mean I am not beautiful on the inside
"I think I should be the next Miss World because I believe in strong women, I also think I have something inside my heart that I always try to give the best of me. I also believe in Beauty With A Purpose and want to continue its legacy.
"We can find happiness in helping each other".
2. Russia
Miss Russia said: "I think that the main idea of the pagent is Beauty With A Purpose. I want to reach my inner world and show my life and happiness with all people. It's a huge honour for me if I will have the opportunity to do this with the big Miss World family."
3. Indonesia
Miss Indonesia said: "I've always been truly inspired by BWAP because it means having the heart to share and always reaching out to the community. I want to reach out to people and share everything that we have with people around us.
"We are so much more than us. We are fearfully and wonderfully made not just to exist in this world but to make a difference"
Miss World China Yuan Lu performs in colourful costumes during a dress rehearsal Miss World China Yuan Lu performs in colourful costumes during a dress rehearsal   Photo: EPA
4. Lebanon
"I think that modesty and love and serenity is what the world needs more these years. Miss world should have these qualifications in order to spread them all around the world. I promise to use all the energy inside me to draw smiles on other faces."
5. Jamaica
Could we have our first dreadlocked winner?!
She's the first Miss Jamacia with Rastafarian roots. Her parents are Rastafarian, and apparently her win caused controversy in the country.
She said: "I am so grateful. My story is one of a little girl whose life was transformed with charity and love and I want to give that back to others."

A quick break for some weird dancing in their 'national dress'

I didn't know every country's national dress involved feathers, leotards and sequins.
Yes we all wear these
Someone inform the Queen.
Queen Elizabeth II Combermere Barracks in Windsor 08 December 2003, where she recorded her Christmas Day message to the CommonwealthQueen Elizabeth II: rarely pictured wearing glitter

Finalists announced

England didn't even make the top 20...
19-year-old Natasha Hemmings, despite singing an impressive opera performance and getting into the talent show final, did not even finish in the top 20.
She did not win many votes from home, it seems, and also didn't win any of the mini competitions.
We have not won Miss World since 1984, and now it looks like we will have to wait until 2016 to get that crown.
Miss England, Natasha HemmingsMiss England, Natasha Hemmings  Photo: Rex
Northern Ireland and Miss Scotland didn't make the top 10.
  1. Russia
  2. Philippines
  3. Guyana
  4. Lebanon
  5. Spain
  6. Australia
  7. Jamacia
  8. Indonesia
  9. Vietnam
  10. France
  11. South Africa

Miss Indonesia wins Beauty with a Purpose

The head of the Mandela family, Chief Mandela announced the result.
Miss Indonesia won for her initiative which brings clean water to towns and villiages in Indonesia.

Russia is now in the lead

Miss Russia has not won anything so far, but is storming ahead. We do not know why this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment